Our Cruzer has the center console option. If built according to the plans, the center console is riveted in place. I am putting switches and breakers in the center console and would like easy access in the future. Thus, instead of rivets, I am putting nut plates in to make both sides of the center console removable.
We ran into some tooling issues and had to make a trip to the hardware store and also modify some dimpling dies to fit in smaller spaces. So in the end we only got 5 nut plates installed out of 18 total. The remaining should go pretty quickly though.
In addition, I made the second mock panel, this time for the flight switches that will go into the main panel. On this panel, the top switches are:
- Nav/Strobes (up), Off (center), Nav (down)
- Taxi Lights (up), Off (down)
- Landing Lights (auto recon, up), Off (center), Recon Forced (down)
- Boost Pump (up), Off (down)
- Pitot Heat (up), Off (down)
The bottom switches are:
- Toga (push button)
- Play (push button)
- Left Tank (left), Off (center), Right Tank (right)
- Emergency (push button)